France or Thailand??

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

Claireybell

France or Thailand??

Unread post by Claireybell »

I wish to start a TEFL course but am in two minds of where I would like to teach.
I have a degree in French and English and have always wanted to work in France.
However, I'm not sure this is possible as the French generally have such a high level of English anyway.
I would also love to go to Thailand after spending some time there a few years ago.
On any of the websites I have been on, it seems that I could only get a contract in Thailand for 6-12 months.
I would love if I could obtain a 3 month contract.
Is this possible?
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: France or Thailand??

Unread post by systematic »

Claireybell wrote: However, I'm not sure this is possible as the French generally have such a high level of English anyway.
Hi,
I suggest you do some research - the French have one of the lowest levels of English (European Commission stats) in Western Europe.
Claireybell wrote: I would also love to go to Thailand after spending some time there a few years ago.
On any of the websites I have been on, it seems that I could only get a contract in Thailand for 6-12 months.
I would love if I could obtain a 3 month contract.
Is this possible?
Language institutes will employ you for as long as you like - even part-time for just one course in their programme
Schools will generally expect you to stay for at least one semester - about 5 months. But they often have vacancies that occur in mid term.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.