TOEIC Tips

Discussion re test preparation

Moderator: Joe

mrubs

TOEIC Tips

Unread post by mrubs »

Test of English for International Communication is an identical test that dealings you’re listening and reading skills, and, or you’re speaking and writing skills. This exam evaluates your ability to meaning in global business and real-world settings rather than in an academic situation. Some students take the TOEIC because they want to improve their English skills. Other students take the TOEIC because they need it for an intensive English course. Every institution expects a dissimilar ordinary of skill from its employees or students.

There are some major tips for Test of English for International Communication. These tips help to improve the English skills.

First, Set a goal, when you decided to take the TOEIC test. Choosing a goal is possible to make good marks with more experience.

Second is, Make a study plan, when you're going for a TOEIC test. However, the day you decide to take the TOEIC test should be the day you start to study. You will have to decide whether or not you are going to clarify yourself the TOEIC with reliable resources or whether you are going to take a TOEIC training class. In order to get the best grades, you should do both.

Third is, Divide your study time appropriately. You have to divide your study week by focusing on a certain segment each day. Each section has a value of the certain amount of points. Don't spend too much time studying one section.

Fourth is, Build a strong vocabulary. Many students fail the TOEIC test because they have a very limited vocabulary. So, you should keep in mind that the TOEIC test has a business theme. You have to increase your vocabulary on various topics.

Fifth is, You have to Be aware of time management. Because, when you are going to practice test, you should always be aware of the time. Never allow yourself an open-ended study session. You will have to learn to work professionally.

There are also some other tips. Like, you have to understand the test of TOEIC. Isolate your weak points. You have to Trust your instincts. One thing should remind, don’t try to translate. Because translating vocabulary and sentences wastes a lot of time. It is very rare that students have extra time during the TOEIC test. Do some research and use free website. You can Use mass media for much experience. You can keep an English journal.

Lastly, you should never cram the night before the TOEIC test. There is so much to learn when you study the TOEIC. The last week should be for reviewing and practicing rather than learning new things. Make sure to get plenty of sleep the night before the test. On the day of the test, have a decent meal and relax for a few hours before going to the testing center. Plan to reward yourself when the test is over!
azalea

Re: TOEIC Tips

Unread post by azalea »

Thanks for your Tip.

By the way, may i ask that you have the book
Preparation Series for the New TOEIC® Test More Practice Test,

could you kindly please send it to me, or do you know where i can download it coz i tried to search but i cannot find it.

Thank you in advance!
ellyked

Unread post by ellyked »

Hello everyone!
There is a new cool app on AppStore to practice TOEIC test:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toeic-t ... d594472943
It's an iOS application that is basically a simulator of the TOEIC test. Users of the app can select two modes: Practice and Exam. In the practice mode TOEIC candidates can practice separate skills and sections of the TOEIC and see the correct answers and transcripts. In the exam mode users can complete all 200 questions under real TOEIC conditions.
The basic features of the app are free, the additional are paid. Check it out!
bokeboke

Unread post by bokeboke »

I'll add a tip. It's important to sometimes practice the full test. All 200 questions in the same time frame as the real test. Many students will only practice one section at a time, or do practice questions for 20-30 minutes. This of course can be helpful but students also need to get used to concentrating for the full test. Without doing this many people will be surprised how tired they get in the later sections of the test. I try to have my students take at least 3-4 full practice tests before the real deal. If you want to try here's a free TOEIC test that is full length, 200 questions. This is my first post so I can't post a link here, but Goodwin English has a free full length test anyone can try.
Rdube123

Unread post by Rdube123 »

Thank for this tips.