Very Young Learners in Online Class

Discussion about teaching ESL to children

Moderator: Joe

Ipack

Very Young Learners in Online Class

Unread post by Ipack »

Helloo everyone,

How can I keep very young students energized in online classes?
sedatyldrmm

Re: Very Young Learners in Online Class

Unread post by sedatyldrmm »

hi, you can keep young students energic in online lesson by playing various online games about the subject. they can distract easily in lessons especially online lessons. so you should play the various games. in addition, a nice voice of the teacher and good gestures activate them to the lessons. you should use your nice voice and gestures.
Regan@O2C

Unread post by Regan@O2C »

So kids love props, videos, the use of funny voices and overall positivity. You’ll be surprised what keeps them engaged. One of my major realizations is that one should be themselves but amplified and adjust based on the learner. Really exaggerate sounds and be super congratulatory and things will go well.
hometuition

Unread post by hometuition »

Keep them engaged with interesting activities that includes fun. As you are teaching them through digital media like digital writing pad, make sure that they see screen properly. Also try to be active with every kid.

https://www.hometuitionguide.com/digita ... -teaching/
Last edited by hometuition on 14 Apr 2023, 05:33, edited 2 times in total.
PatrickSt

Unread post by PatrickSt »

Oh, engaging in learning during online classes can be hard. And I can say that it depends on the age too, but it's more about the format. When I had online classes, it was also hard to focus. But somehow I managed to finish all the successfully. I also had a chance to be a professor for students during my practical part of education, and it was hard. After it, I wrote a paper on such an experience, which also included theoretical info on how teachers can engage students. With the theoretical part, I used the help of https://edubirdie.com/essay-writers-for-hire because I didn't have enough time to find the info, but theoretical part was about my experience, so I finished it effortlessly. And I can say that it's important to have interesting, interactive lessons with videos and presentations. And it's important to focus on those who participate less because they can be shy, too, so it's essential to ask them to speak.
eggshell

Unread post by eggshell »

Some great suggestions from others here on keeping young kids engaged online. A couple more ideas that may help - try incorporating movement or songs into the lesson whenever you can, even if just getting them to stand up and stretch for a minute.Kids that age tend to fidget so anything physical can help burn off energy. The other suggestion would be to keep interactions personal - maybe start each lesson by asking everyone what they did over the weekend or how their pet is doing. Getting them talking about themselves can create rapport and interest. Trying mixing up the activities as much as you can too to keep it feeling fresh. Hope some of these give you a few more tools to try!