Interesting lessons for children

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

seylen

Interesting lessons for children

Unread post by seylen »

I work as a tutor and also have my own YouTube channel about language learning. I want to make learning for children more interesting than just lectures. I come up with different interesting exercises and games, but I don't think this is enough. What else can I do?
devamona

Re: Interesting lessons for children

Unread post by devamona »

You can add animated explainer video to your channel and even use them in your individual lessons. Children enjoy watching cartoons and it won't look like a hard lesson, but like entertainment. You can make several such videos on basic topics or, for example, on topics that are the most difficult for children to understand. I am sure that children will like this and your channel will become more popular. After all, parents will be happy to show their child a cartoon that also teaches them something.
gcdkobanan

Unread post by gcdkobanan »

Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful.
Nilania

Unread post by Nilania »

Based on my experience of teaching children, I can recommend printed games for kids! When children perceive games during class not only by ear, but also visually, they remember words better. The most important thing is to use more visual games. This will make the lessons very diverse. I take printed games from completely different resources. For example, the theme "Farm Animals" was recently held, and I used this game for the lesson https://wunderkiddy.com/toddlers-activi ... -animals-2

You can search for other games on this site!
brendagray

Unread post by brendagray »

That's great that you're already incorporating exercises and games to make learning more interesting for children! If you're looking for additional ways to engage them, here are a few suggestions:

Visual aids: Utilize visual aids such as flashcards, diagrams, or colorful illustrations to make the learning material more visually appealing and memorable for children.

Interactive technology: Explore the use of interactive technology like educational apps or online platforms specifically designed for children's language learning. These tools often incorporate gamification elements and interactive exercises to enhance engagement.

Storytelling: Incorporate storytelling into your lessons. Children love stories, so create narratives or use books to make language learning more immersive and enjoyable. You can also encourage children to create their own stories using the language they're learning.

Hands-on activities: Incorporate hands-on activities that involve arts and crafts, role-playing, or group projects. These activities allow children to actively participate and apply what they've learned in a fun and creative way.

Incorporate music and songs: Integrate music and songs into your lessons to make them more dynamic and enjoyable. Children often respond well to catchy tunes and rhymes, which can help them remember vocabulary and language patterns.
leon99
Rising Star

Unread post by leon99 »

Thanks guys for you advices
eggshell

Unread post by eggshell »

Singing songs in the target language can help with vocabulary acquisition and pronunciation. You can also create original songs related to language learning.