Well-paying teaching jobs with flexible hours

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

tenneray
Rising Star

Well-paying teaching jobs with flexible hours

Unread post by tenneray »

I teach online with a well-known company. It is a part-time job and I do somewhere between 15-20 hours per week. I really enjoy online teaching and I believe it will continue to grow in importance. One thing I like about my job is the flexibility of not having a rigid schedule or a minimum number of required hours. Another thing I like is that I am not required to teach young kids. The big problem, however, is the low rate of pay. And there are no increases with seniority, either. I am a professional teacher with TEFL qualifications, and I am a certified teacher—with graduate degrees in another field (history).
I am seeking a better-paying position online—one paying at least $20 an hour. At present, it would have to be part-time (I work full-time at a couple of brick-and-mortar schools.) with flexible hours, too. Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome. Thank you kindly.
CailynZhang

Re: Well-paying teaching jobs with flexible hours

Unread post by CailynZhang »

I understand you. Being a teacher is hard enough, and we deserve a higher pay
SamAllen

Unread post by SamAllen »

It's understandable that the low pay rate is a concern for you, especially since you have advanced qualifications. Have you considered looking into other online teaching companies that offer higher pay rates?
SamAllen

Unread post by SamAllen »

SamAllen wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 16:49 It's understandable that the low pay rate is a concern for you, especially since you have advanced qualifications. Have you considered looking into other online teaching companies that offer higher pay rates?
I know that the salary is higher at teaching jobs Nottingham. It's always worth researching and seeing what other opportunities are out there. Also, Consider offering your services as a private tutor, which may allow you to set your rates.