FREE VPN for TEFL teachers headed to China or already there

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Murphy
Rising Star

FREE VPN for TEFL teachers headed to China or already there

Unread post by Murphy »

Let's face it, life in China without a VPN can be a loney place - no HBO, Facebook, Twitter, Network News, etc... You can get a free VPN (sold for $60) for free just by sending an email as explained here: https://www.scam.com/attachment.php?att ... 1503462660
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: FREE VPN for TEFL teachers headed to China or already there

Unread post by John V55 »

Good idea, but without the catch to do something to get something.
These two are absolutely free.

http://dongtaiwang.com/loc/download.en.php
It's called 'Freegate', google it. It’s anti-censorship software by Dynaweb. You can’t download it in China, so you have to download it out of China, or install it using another VPN if you’re already here. Doesn’t take more than a minute to set-up and is absolutely brilliant – it’s the one I’ve been using for years. No limit on use. It’s meant to provide blocked news in China, but you use it as your own personal VPN.

http://teleport.to/
Teleport
No set-up, no download, no limit. choose from the first three, America, GB, or Netherlands. The others don’t work as well.
Norman
Rising Star

Unread post by Norman »

It takes a whale 3 hours to take a shit and just as long for Freegate to connect and work properly in China. It was okay until about a year ago. Teleport disconnected on me three times in just 40 minutes of use. I guess we get what we pay for. The Chinese are very actively sabotaging these VPN connections and only two remain effective and there is no need to alert the Chinese here with their names. The CFTU is giving one of them as a gift and the other sells for $80 a year (EVPN).
John V55
Top Contributor

Unread post by John V55 »

Norman wrote:It takes a whale 3 hours to take a shit and just as long for Freegate to connect and work properly in China. It was okay until about a year ago. Teleport disconnected on me three times in just 40 minutes of use. I guess we get what we pay for. The Chinese are very actively sabotaging these VPN connections and only two remain effective and there is no need to alert the Chinese here with their names. The CFTU is giving one of them as a gift and the other sells for $80 a year (EVPN).
Absolutely not in my experience. I don’t know where you are, but I’m in China and using freegate as I write this and my experience is that a few years ago it was a bit sluggish, but in the last couple of years it’s improved 100%. Previously to that I was using paid for ZenVPN, also with no problems. My colleagues are all using different VPNs, also with no problems. I think it’s a bit of western paranoia setting in :)

Do you think the Chinese don’t know we’re using a VPN? Do you think they don’t use them themselves? I even regularly write articles rubbishing communism, do you think they’re bothered? I don’t need to ‘win’ a VPN from CTFU and I’d advise anyone to give freegate a try. Yes, it’s obviously not as good as a paid for one and you wouldn’t expect it to be, but it does the job and as it’s free, what more can you ask for.
Teleporter, as I already stated, is not as good and more of a standby for a particular url.
Lindaaw

Unread post by Lindaaw »

Quick report - could never get JonDo to work in China.

That "Great Firewall" must be getting greater!

A few years ago no such issues.
Lindaaw

Unread post by Lindaaw »

Lindaaw wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 06:29 Quick report - could never get JonDo to work in China.

That "Great Firewall" must be getting greater!

A few years ago no such issues.
I have now best vpn for china to unblock each and every Geo-restricted social media including websites
zhangnin

Unread post by zhangnin »

I am Qingdao China, living in London these days. I know there are lots of restrictions there. I use WeChat in China but for contacting my counterparts, I need to use Whatsapp and Facebook, and that's possible using VPNs. Yes, I realize that.
zhangnin

Unread post by zhangnin »

zhangnin wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:01 I am Qingdao China, living in London these days. I know there are lots of restrictions there. I use WeChat in China but for contacting my counterparts, I need to use Whatsapp and Facebook, and that's possible using VPNs. Yes, I realize that.
I found these resources for accessing internet in China seamlessly.
- Best VPNs
- Whatsapp Solution
Barhale

Unread post by Barhale »

zhangnin wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:01 I am Qingdao China, living in London these days. I know there are lots of restrictions there. I use WeChat in China but for contacting my counterparts, I need to use Whatsapp and Facebook, and that's possible using VPNs. Yes, I realize that.
To using Whatsapp in china So my opinion is to use these two VPN's Express VPN & Private VPN

ExpressVPN Fast and secure. Effortlessly unblocks WhatsApp and most other VoIP and messaging apps.

PrivateVPN This is one of the fastest VPNs around, and better still, it comes with several advanced security features. It keeps no logs whatsoever and easily unblocks WhatsApp abroad.

and I have also found this new source GBWhatsapp Apk with help of this app you can use Whatsapp without using any VPN's
Atlas
Rising Star

Unread post by Atlas »

2020 UPDATE: Here is the best FREE VPN you can get that is quite fast https://www.reddit.com/r/TEFL_TIPS_TRAP ... _teachers/ I just started using it yesterday and for my browsing 10GB is enough and if I want to watch a movie I just download. You can also stream for free for hours if you get the free crack (key code) available online. Forget FreeGate it is still so SLOOOOOOOOOW.
Look Before You Leap at https://reddit.com/r/teflscams
NotAmused

Unread post by NotAmused »

VPN Express is too damn expensive. I use WindScribe and it is free and fairly fast. I get 10gb of free data which is plenty for me and most people. If you want to stream videos, the 10GB will be gone in a week. I search and send hundreds of emails every month and I have yet to use up my 10gb - usually have one or 2 gb left over at the end of the month. But before you get any VPN, i suggest you all read https://reddit.com/r/privacyselfdefense because some of the "free" vpns are run by government agencies.
oosman

Unread post by oosman »

Murphy wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 04:53 Let's face it, life in China without a VPN can be a loney place - no HBO, Facebook, Twitter, Network News, etc... You can get a free VPN (sold for $60) for free just by sending an email as explained here: https://www.scam.com/attachment.php?att ... 1503462660
PrivateVPN This is one of the fastest VPNs around, and better still, it comes with several advanced security features. It keeps no logs whatsoever and easily unblocks WhatsApp abroad.
oosman

Unread post by oosman »

Barhale wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 07:35
To using Whatsapp in china So my opinion is to use these two VPN's Express VPN & Private VPN

ExpressVPN Fast and secure. Effortlessly unblocks WhatsApp and most other VoIP and messaging apps.

and I have also found this new source GBWhatsapp Apk with help of this app you can use Whatsapp without using any VPN's
I am using it.
Joe
Admin

Unread post by Joe »

"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :? " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
moriswayne

Unread post by moriswayne »

I read in some articles in china if you even use a third-party application like gb instagram to just access your original instagram account without using free or paid VPN your account also get banned on ig.
induscem

Unread post by induscem »

I use WeChat in China but for contacting my counterparts, I need to use Whatsapp and Facebook, and that's possible using VPNs.
induscem

Unread post by induscem »

waplus
projectfreetv.onl