Cambly- Lack of Integrity and Mismanagement- Please Take Caution! San Francisco CA!!

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

Joel

Cambly- Lack of Integrity and Mismanagement- Please Take Caution! San Francisco CA!!

Unread post by Joel »

People around the world should be made aware of the misconduct occurring on Cambly an online English teaching platform.

This company gets away with paying US teachers less than minimum wage inside the USA, female teachers are routinely sexually harassed including exposure of students’ genitalia, students often make racist and otherwise inappropriate statements, teachers’ tutor accounts are arbitrarily deactivated without explanation if anyone complains. Cambly’s teacher rating system lacks transparency. Teachers are never able to read comments that students write and share with management.

Many honest students around the world use Cambly’s services. These students have a right to know exactly what kind of company they are supporting when they pay Cambly their hard-earned money. This company is an example of the new gig economy at its worst. https://ripoffscams.com/reports-filed/c ... ca/901786/
tenneray
Rising Star

Re: Cambly- Lack of Integrity and Mismanagement- Please Take Caution! San Francisco CA!!

Unread post by tenneray »

I was not too surprised to read your critical review of Cambly. I had been interested in teaching there because I thought it was one of a very few places where I could teacher older students.
Can you suggest another website for teaching older students? Thank you.