Freelancer rate - teaching company staff

Discussion on teaching Business English

Moderator: Joe

Almanac@

Freelancer rate - teaching company staff

Unread post by Almanac@ »

Hi

After a break from ESL, I've returned with a plan to teach 2x 1 hour lessons (weekly) to company staff very soon and I wondered if any other freelancers out there could help give a benchmark of what I should be charging a corporate? I've only taught in-company via an agency before.

Both groups will be between 5-10 people.
swernaa2

Re: Freelancer rate - teaching company staff

Unread post by swernaa2 »

If you have specialized qualifications or certifications related to ESL teaching (e.g., TESOL, CELTA), you may be able to charge a premium for your services. Rates can vary significantly by location. In some regions or cities, the cost of living may be higher, allowing for higher teaching rates. Teaching larger groups can be more challenging and time-consuming, so you may charge more for larger classes compared to smaller ones. Consider whether you're providing ongoing weekly lessons or short-term courses. Longer or more frequent engagements may justify a lower rate.

It's essential to strike a balance between setting a rate that reflects your expertise and the market's expectations while also being competitive and attractive to potential clients. You may also want to consult with other freelance ESL teachers in your area to get a sense of the prevailing rates.
swernaa2

Re: Freelancer rate - teaching company staff

Unread post by swernaa2 »

swernaa2 wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 09:17 If you have specialized qualifications or certifications related to ESL teaching (e.g., TESOL, CELTA), you may be able to charge a premium for your services. Rates can vary significantly by location. In some regions or cities, the cost of living may be higher, allowing for higher teaching rates. Teaching larger groups can be more challenging and time-consuming, so you may charge more for larger classes compared to smaller ones. Consider whether you're providing ongoing weekly lessons or short-term courses. Longer or more frequent engagements may justify a lower rate.

It's essential to strike a balance between setting a rate that reflects your expertise and the market's expectations while also being competitive and attractive to potential clients. You may also want to consult with other freelance ESL teachers in your area to get a sense of the prevailing rates.
Look at what other freelance ESL tutors in your area charge for corporate lessons. Check online job boards, forums, or ask fellow freelancers for insights. MyAARPMedicare Sign In Assess the company's specific requirements, such as the number of students, the frequency and duration of lessons, and any specialized topics or skills needed.