Unbiased reviews

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Rayman

Unbiased reviews

Unread post by Rayman »

Hello all,

I'm applying for CELTAs in the UK - with my preference at the moment for Oxford.

british-study.com/teacher-training/courses

But, of course, I need to gather some unbiased opinions and read about people's experiences before I enrol. Could you point me in the right direction of some objective reviews?

Thanks everyone. :D
Briona
Top Contributor

Re: Unbiased reviews

Unread post by Briona »

Hi there,

Reviews of CELTA courses are based on people's personal experiences so they are unlikely to be objective. Furthermore, since most people only take the CELTA once, they have nothing to compare their experience to. I could tell you that I had a great experience, which I did, but that testimonial could hardly be considered definitive. After all, things change, trainers change and one person's view may be wildly different from another's.

The good news is that since the course is externally assessed, the quality of the course should be the same no matter where you do it. In other words, your qualification will be considered reputable whether you do it in Oxford or Bangkok, and you should have little difficulty finding work somewhere on completion of the course.

Hope that helps,

Briona
Experience teaching in Vietnam, Portugal, Poland, Spain, the UK, and Qatar
Rayman

Re: Unbiased reviews

Unread post by Rayman »

Hello Briona,

Thanks for your reply - I take your point. I suppose I meant "unbiased" in the sense of being free from the unavoidably positive comments on the school's website and blurb!

But as you say, the value of a CELTA qualification is recognised worldwide.