Books or Online worksheets to improve grammer

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

AKCrystal

Books or Online worksheets to improve grammer

Unread post by AKCrystal »

Does anyone know of any decent grammer workbooks or any online site. That will assist me in learning and expanding my knowledge of grammer. I've been working through my TEFL course, whilst I can understand the information I have been given via the course, I feel that I could be doing more to improve my understanding of certain aspects of grammer. So am looking at other resources, but have no idea where to look
Briona
Top Contributor

Re: Books or Online worksheets to improve grammer

Unread post by Briona »

Hi there,

There are loads of grammar resources available both on- and off-line, so it's a question of taking your pick!

If you'd like a simple book, try the "English Grammar in Use" series by Raymond Murphy. They are designed for students so the explanations are really clear. Buy the Intermediate one (blue cover). If you want a more comprehensive grammar book, I'd recommend "Grammar for English Language Teachers" by Martin Parrott. If you want to know how to teach specific grammar points, I'd recommend "Teaching Tenses" by Rosemary Aitken.

For online grammar pages, try http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/inhalt_grammar.htm. If you'd prefer to take a course, try the grammar awareness course from Cambridge English (https://www.cambridgeenglishteacher.org ... ails/18606).

These are just some of the options available to you. There are, of course, many, many more.

Hope that helps, and if you have any other questions, please ask.

Briona
Experience teaching in Vietnam, Portugal, Poland, Spain, the UK, and Qatar
AKCrystal

Re: Books or Online worksheets to improve grammer

Unread post by AKCrystal »

Thanks Briona

I think I was using the wrong google search phrase or something, cause I couldn't find anything above elimentary or pre-school. The cambridge course, looks interesting.

I'm actually waiting for the books from my library, but its good to hear that they are useful